Mid-Semester Reflection

1. What are you better at now than you were at the end of the previous academic year? Name all of the (course and general) ways that these improvements were made possible.
    • I’m better at communicating with my professors. I used to not talk to them at all, even if I needed help, but this semester I started to do that and it helped me a lot. I think part of it was on my end, but also my professors made themselves seem very approachable and had real concern for my class performance.
  2. What are you most proud of from the past academic year? Why does this make you proud?
    • I’m proud that I was able to communicate with my professors when I was struggling.
  3. What went well this past academic year? What tools, supports, or resources aided your success?
    • The library and the CUNY open access database.
  4. What did not go well this past academic year? What was missing that made this experience challenging or undesirable?
    • My attendance. I’ve been struggling with a lot of personal issues that have affected my ability to show up to class, but this didn’t have anything to do with my professors or the course.
  5. What insight did you gain about your own needs for mitigating challenges? Where or how can you fulfill these needs in the future?
    • I’ve been working on compartmentalizing my responsibilities.
  6. What did you learn from overcoming challenges? How will you remember what you learned and apply it when a similar issue arises?
    • I focused on time management and allotting time to certain projects that needed it while also being forgiving towards myself if I needed to slow down.
  7. Who and what helped you to group so far this year?
    • My advisors have been really understanding and gave me support and comfort when I was struggling with the fact that I have fallen behind in my academic career in the way that I envisioned it.
  8. Who and what made getting to this point in the semester possible for you?
    • My advisors, and a couple of my professors.
  9. What experiences are you grateful for? How can you acknowledge or express that gratitude?
    • I should thank all of my instructors for a great semester with a meaningful course! Thank them for specific things that I have learned or specific experiences in class that I enjoyed.
  10. When did you feel happiest or most at ease this year? How can you experience those moments more frequently?
    • I felt most at ease in the middle of the semester. At that point I had felt like I was on a good track and felt confident in my ability to end the semester strong. To recreate that feeling during times of stress, I could use daily affirmations to keep my confidence up.
  11. What moments are you proud of? What can you do to celebrate yourself?
    • I’m proud of the fact that I’ve done multiple group assignments on my own this semester, for varying reasons.
  12. What new ideas, information, resources, or research made a positive difference for you this year? What was helpful about these things?
    • Like I said, the library and the CUNY database helped me with my work in all my classes. I’m the type of student who likes to keep reading about a subject after its been mentioned in class if I find it interesting, and those resources made that possible.